This vegan pad thai recipe may not be the most culturally authentic one out there, but it is my own.
Wide rice noodles
Soy sauce (low sodium)
1. Stir fry prep: chop and combine garlic, ginger, cilantro, green onion, and any other desired ingredients*.
2. Noodle prep: cook noodles al dente; rinse and drain well.
3. Sauce prep: combine brown sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, and sriracha in a bowl.
4. Garnish prep: optionally chop peanuts/limes/cilantro and set aside for serving.
5. Saute stir fry ingredients in a large pan; account for differences in cook time among ingredients.
6. Add noodles to the pan, combine thoroughly.
7. Add sauce, combine thoroughly.
8. Remove from heat when sauce is cooked in to your liking.
*Other desired ingredients may include spinach, broccoli, bell pepper, baby corn, etc.
Steps 1-4 can be parallelized, and that's where most of the work is.
Cilantro is really great.
I recommend dividing the veggies that will saute quickly from those that will slowly.
Keep the soy sauce and lime juice handy, you may want more flavor toward the end.