This is just some tame bruschetta. Truly the poor-man's mini pizza, though simultaneously a classy appetizer.
1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Dice tomatoes to the desired size, add them to a bowl.
3. Cut the basil to shreds, mix it in with the tomatoes.
4. Add balsamic vinegar to the bowl and let it soak 5-60 minutes.
5. Cut the baguette into slices around 1cm thick.
6. Lightly coat both sides of each slice in olive oil, and place them on a baking sheet.
7. Spoon an even amount of tomato stuff onto each slice, and place in the oven until golden.
8. Sprinkle each piece with parmesan, then give it a couple more minutes in the oven.
9. Serve, topping with balsamic glaze and spicy honey to taste.
Watch out for the pieces sticking to the baking sheet. This can be ameliorated by nudging the pieces of bruschetta as they bake.
You may be tempted to add salt to the tomato stuff, but the balsamic will do plenty.
It's nice to get a little balsamic vinegar in each spoonful for the baguette, but it's easy to get the bread soggy with it.